삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 021-06 호랑이굴을 벗어난 현덕 

12.雲長曰:「險些驚殺我兩個!」玄德以落箸事說與關、張。張問是何意。玄德曰:「吾之學圃,正欲使操知我無大志;不意操竟指我為英雄,我故失驚落箸。又恐操生疑,故借懼雷以掩飾之耳。」關、張曰:「兄真高見!」

13.操次日又請玄德。正飲間,人報滿寵去探聽袁紹而回。操召入問之。寵曰:「公孫瓚已被袁紹破了。」玄德急問曰:「願聞其詳。」

14.寵曰:「瓚與紹戰不利,築城圍圈,圈上建樓高十丈,名曰易京樓;積粟三十萬以自守,戰士出入不息。或有被紹圍者,眾請救之。瓚曰:『若救一人,後之戰者只望人救,不肯死戰矣。』遂不肯救。因此袁紹兵來,多有降之者。瓚勢孤,使人持書赴許都求救,不意中途為紹軍所獲。瓚又遺書張燕,暗約舉火為號,裏應外合。下書人又被袁紹擒住,卻來城外放火誘敵。瓚自出戰,伏兵四起,軍馬折其大半。退守城中,被袁紹穿地直入瓚所居之樓下,放起火來。瓚無路走,先殺妻子,然後自縊,全家都被火焚了。今袁紹得了瓚軍,聲聲甚盛。紹弟袁術在淮南驕奢過度,不恤軍民,眾皆背反。術使人歸帝號於袁紹。紹欲取玉璽。術約親自送至。見今棄淮南欲歸河北。若二人協力,急難收復。乞丞相作急圖之。」

"We were nearly frightened to death," said Guan Yu.

The story of the dropped chopsticks was told. The two asked what their brother intended by his actions.

"My learning gardening was to convince Cao Cao of my perfect simplicity and the absence of any ambition. But when he suddenly pointed to me as one of the heroes, I was startled, for I thought he had some suspicions. Happily the thunder at that moment supplied the excuse I wanted."

"Really you are very clever," said they.

Next day Cao Cao again invited Liu Bei and while the two were drinking, Man Chong, who had been dispatched to find out what Yuan Shao was doing, came to present his report.

Man Chong said, "Gongsun Zan has been completely defeated by Yuan Shao."

"Do you know the details? I should like to know how," interrupted Liu Bei.

"They were at war, and Gongsun Zan got the worst of it, so he acted on the defensive, building a high wall about his army and on that erecting a high tower, which he called the Yijing Tower. Therein he placed all his grain, one hundred thousand carts total, and took up his own quarters. His fighting troops passed in and out without ceasing, some going out to give battle, others returning to rest. One of them was surrounded and sent to ask Gongsun Zan to rescue him. Gongsun Zan said, 'If I rescue him, hereafter everyone will want to be helped and will not exert himself.' So Gongsun Zan did not go. This disgusted his soldiers, and many deserted to the enemy so that his army diminished. He sent letters to the capital to crave help, but the messenger was captured. He sent to Zhang Yan to arrange with him for a two-pronged joint attack, and those letters with the plans also fell into Yuan Shao's hands. The plans were adopted by Yuan Shao, who gave the signals agreed upon. Thus Gongsun Zan fell into an ambush, lost heavily, and retreated into the city. There he was besieged, and a subterranean passage was pierced into the tower where he lodged. The tower was set on fire, and Gongsun Zan could not escape. So he slew his wife and little ones and hanged himself. The flames destroyed the bodies of the whole family.

"Yuan Shao has added the remnants of the vanquished army to his own and so become yet stronger. His brother Yuan Shu in the South of River Huai, however, has become so arrogant and cruel that the people have turned against him. Then Yuan Shu had sent to say he would yield the title of Emperor, which he had assumed, in favor of Yuan Shao. Yuan Shao demanded the Imperial Hereditary Seal also, and Yuan Shu promised to bring it in person. Now Yuan Shu has abandoned River Huai and is about to move to the North of Yellow River. If he succeeded, the two brothers will control adjoining regions and be dangerous."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,