삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 037-01 삼고초려

第三十七回:司馬徽再薦名士,劉玄德三顧草廬

Sima Hui Recommends A Scholar To Liu Bei;
Liu Bei Pays Three Visits To The Sleeping Dragon Ridge. 

卻說徐庶趲程赴許昌,曹操知徐庶已到,遂命荀彧、程昱等一班謀士往迎之。庶入相府拜見曹操。操曰:「公乃高明之士,何故屈身而事劉備乎?」庶曰:「某幼逃難,流落江湖,偶至新野,遂與玄德交厚。老母在堂,幸蒙顧念,不勝愧感。」操曰:「公今至此,正可晨昏侍奉令堂,吾亦得聽清誨矣。」

庶拜謝而出。急往見其母,泣拜於堂下。母大驚曰:「汝何故至此?」庶曰:「近於新野事劉豫州,因得母書,故星夜至此。」徐母勃然大怒,拍案罵曰:「辱子飄蕩江湖數年,吾以為汝學業有進,何其反不如初也!汝既讀書,須知忠孝不能兩全。豈不識曹操欺君罔上之賊?劉玄德仁義布於四海,況又漢室之冑,汝既事之,得其主矣。今憑一紙偽書,更不詳察,遂棄明投暗,自取惡名,真愚夫也!吾有何面目與汝相見!汝玷辱祖宗,空生於天地間耳!」罵得徐庶拜伏於地,不敢仰視。母自轉入屏風後去了。

少頃,家人出報曰:「老夫人縊於梁間。」徐庶慌入救時,母氣已絕。後人有徐母讚曰:

賢哉徐母!流芳千古!
守節無虧,於家有補。
教子多方,處身自苦。
氣若丘山,義出肺腑。
讚美豫州,毀觸魏武。
不畏鼎鑊,不懼刀斧。
惟恐後嗣,玷辱先祖。
伏劍同流,斷機堪伍。
生得其名,死得其所。
賢哉徐母!流芳千古!

徐庶見母已死,哭絕於地,良久方甦。曹操使人齎禮弔問,又親往祭奠。徐庶葬母柩於許昌之南原,居喪守墓。凡曹操所賜,庶俱不受。時操欲商議南征,荀彧諫曰:「天寒未可用兵。姑待春暖,方可長驅大進。一操從之,乃引漳河之水作一池,名玄武池,於內教練水軍,準備南征。

1 As has been said Xu Shu 서서 hastened to the capital. When Cao Cao 조조 knew Xu Shu had arrived, he sent two of his confidants, Xun Yu 순욱 and Cheng Yu 정욱 to receive the newcomer at the city gate, and so Xu Shu was led first to the Prime Minister's palace.

2 "Why did such an illustrious scholar as you bow the knee to Liu Bei?" said Cao Cao.

3 "I am young, and I fled to avoid the results of certain escapades. I spent some time as a wanderer and so came to Xinye 신야 where I became good friends with him. But my mother is here, and when I thought of all her affection, I could no longer remain absent."

4 "Now you will be able to take care of your mother at all times. And I may have the privilege of receiving your instructions."

5 Xu Shu then took his leave and hastened to his mother's dwelling. Weeping with emotion, he made his obeisance to her at the door of her room.

6 But she was greatly surprised to see him and said, "What have you come here for?"

7 "I was at Xinye, in the service of Liu Bei of Yuzhou, when I received your letter. I came immediately."

8 His mother suddenly grew very angry.

9 Striking the table she cried, "You shameful and degenerate son! For years you have been a vagabond in spite of all my teaching. You are a student and know the books. You must then know that loyalty and filial piety are often opposed. Did you not recognize in Cao Cao a traitor, a man who flouts his king and insults the mighty ones? Did you not see that Liu Bei was virtuous and upright as all the world knows? Moreover, he is of the House of Han, and when you were with him you were serving a fitting master. Now on the strength of a scrap of forged writing, with no attempt at any inquiry, you have left the light and plunged into darkness and earned a disgraceful reputation. Truly you are stupid. How can I bear to look upon you? You have besmirched the fair fame of your forefathers and are of no use in the world!"

10 The son remained bowed to the earth, not daring to lift his eyes while his mother delivered this vilifying tirade. As she said the last word, she rose suddenly and left the room. Soon after one of the servants came out to say Lady Xun had hanged herself. Xu Shu rushed in to try to save her, but was too late. A eulogy of her conduct has been written thus:

Wise Mother Xun, fair is your fame, 
The storied page glows with your name, 
From duty's path you never strayed, 
The family's renown you made. 
To train your son no pains you spared, 
For your own body nothing cared. 
You stand sublime, from us apart, 
Through simple purity of heart. 
Brave Liu Bei's virtues you extolled, 
You blamed Cao Cao, the basely bold. 
Of blazing fire you felt no fear, 
You blenched not when the sword came near, 
But dreaded lest a willful son 
Should dim the fame his fathers won. 
Yes, Mother Xun was of one mold 
With famous heroes of old, 
Who never shrank from injury, 
And even were content to die. 
Fair meed of praise, while still alive, 
Was yours, and ever will survive. 
Hail! Mother Xun, your memory, 
While time rolls on, shall never.

12 At sight of his mother dead, Xu Shu fell in a swoon and only recovered consciousness after a long time. By and bye Cao Cao heard of it and sent mourning gifts, and in due course went in person to condole and sacrifice. The body was interred on the south of the capital, and the dead woman's unhappy son kept vigil at her tomb. He steadily rejected all gifts from Cao Cao.

13 At that time Cao Cao was contemplating an attack on the south.

14 His adviser Xun Yu 순욱 dissuaded him, saying, "The winter is not favorable for this campaign. My lord should await milder weather."

15 And Cao Cao yielded. But he began to prepare, and led the River Zhang's 장강 waters aside to form a lake, which he called the Aquamarine Lake 현무지, where he could accustom his soldiers to fight on the water.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,