삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 091-01 출사표

六出祁山(共十五回)

第九十一回 祭瀘水漢相班師  伐中原武侯上表

Sacrificing At River Lu, The Prime Minister Marches Homeward;
Attacking Wei, The Lord Of Wuxiang Presents A Memorial.

卻說孔明班師回國,孟獲率引大小洞主酋長及諸部落,羅拜相送。前軍至瀘水,時值九月秋天, 忽然陰雲布合,狂風驟起,兵不能渡,回報孔明。孔明遂問孟獲,獲曰:「此水原有猖神作禍,往來者必須祭之。」孔明曰:「用何物祭享?」獲曰:「舊時國中因猖神作禍,用七七四十九顆人頭并黑牛白羊祭之,自然風恬浪靜,更兼連年豐稔。」孔明曰:「吾今事已平定,安可妄殺一人?」遂自到瀘水岸邊觀看。果見陰風大起,波濤洶湧,人馬皆驚。

孔明甚疑,即尋土人問之。土人告說:「自丞相經過之後,夜夜只聞得水邊鬼哭神號。自黃昏直至天曉,哭聲不絕。瘴烟之內,陰鬼無數。因此作禍,無人敢渡。」孔明曰:「此乃我之罪愆也。前者馬岱引蜀兵千餘,皆死於水中;更兼殺死南人,盡棄此處。狂魂怨鬼,不能解釋,以致如此。吾今晚當親自往祭。」土人曰:「須依舊例,殺四十九顆人頭為祭,則怨鬼自散也。」孔明曰:「本為人死而成怨鬼,豈可又殺生人耶?吾自有主意。」喚行廚宰殺牛馬;和麵為劑,塑成人頭,內以牛羊等肉代之,名曰「饅頭」。當夜於瀘水岸上設香案,鋪祭物,列燈四十九盞,揚幡招魂;將饅頭等物,陳設於地。三更時分,孔明金冠鶴氅,親自臨祭,令董厥讀祭文。其文曰:

維大漢建興三年秋九月一日,武鄉侯、領益州牧、丞相諸葛亮,謹陳祭儀,享於故歿王事蜀中將校及南人亡者陰魂曰:
我大漢皇帝,威勝五霸,明繼三王。昨自遠方侵境,異俗起兵;縱蠆尾以興妖,盜狼心而逞亂。我奉王命,問罪遐荒;大舉貔貅,悉除螻蟻;雄軍雲集,狂寇冰消;纔聞破竹之聲,便是失猿之勢。
但士卒兒郎,儘是九州豪傑;官僚將校,皆為四海英雄。習武從戎,投明事主,莫不同申三令,共展七擒;齊堅奉國之誠,並效忠君之志。何期汝等偶失兵機,緣落奸計:或為流矢所中,魂掩泉臺;或為刀劍所傷,魄歸長夜。生則有勇,死則成名。
今凱歌欲還,獻俘將及。汝等英靈尚在,祈禱必聞。隨我旌旗,逐我部曲,同回上國,各認本鄉,受骨肉之蒸嘗,領家人之祭祀;莫作他鄉之鬼,徒為異域之魂。我當奏之天子,使汝等各家盡沾恩露,年給衣糧,月賜廩祿。用茲酬答,以慰汝心。
至於本境土神,南方亡鬼,血食有常,憑依不遠。生者既凜天威,死者亦歸王化。想宜寧帖,毋致號啕。
聊表丹誠,敬陳祭祀。嗚呼,哀哉!伏惟尚饗!

讀畢祭文,孔明放聲大哭,極其痛切,情動三軍,無不下淚。孟獲等衆,盡皆哭泣。只見愁雲怨霧之中,隱隱有數千鬼魂,皆隨風而散。於是孔明令左右將祭物盡棄於瀘水之中。

1 Meng Huo at the head of the Mang Chieftains and Notables attended to do honor to the army of Shu on its departure. They reached the River Lu in autumn, the ninth month. But on trying to cross the river, a tremendous storm came and hindered them. Wei Yan having reported his difficulty to Zhuge Liang, Meng Huo was asked if he knew of any reason for such a storm.

2 Meng Huo replied, "Wild spirits have always troubled those who would cross this river. It is necessary to propitiate them with sacrifices."

3 "What is the sacrifice?" asked Zhuge Liang.

4 "In the old days when malicious spirits brought misfortune, they sacrificed humans to the number of seven sevens and offered their forty-nine heads. They also slew a black ox and a white goat. Sacrifice thus, the wind will subside and the waters come to rest. The same used to be done to secure a plenteous harvest."

5 "How can I slay a single person now that fighting is done and peace has returned?" said Zhuge Liang.

6 Zhuge Liang went down to the river to see for himself. The north wind was blowing hard, and the waves were high. Both humans and horses seemed frightened. He himself was perplexed. Then he sought out some of the natives and questioned them.

7 They said, "We have heard the demons moaning every night since your army crossed the river. The cries begin at dusk and continued till dawn. There are many dark demons in the malarial vapors, and no one dared cross."

8 "The sin is mine," sighed Zhuge Liang, "for more than a thousand soldiers of Ma Dai perished in these waters beside many southern people. Their poor distressed souls are not yet freed. Therefore I will come this night and sacrifice to them."

9 "According to the ancient rule the number of victims ought to be forty-nine. Then the spirits will disperse," said the natives.

10 "As the resentful demons are here because of the deaths of people, where is the sense in slaying more humans? But I know what to do."

11 Zhuge Liang bade them make balls of flour paste after the manner of human heads and stuff them with the flesh of oxen and goats. These would be used instead of human heads, and they called these 'mantou' or 'human heads'.

12 By nightfall, an altar had been set up on the bank of the river with the sacrificial objects all arranged. There were also forty-nine lamps. Flags were flying to summon the souls. The forty-nine mantous were piled up on the ground. In the middle of the third watch, at midnight, Zhuge Liang, dressed in Daoist garb, went to offer the sacrifice in person, and he bade Dong Jue read this prayer:

13 "On the first day of the ninth month of the third year of the era Beginning Prosperity of the Han Dynasty, I, Zhuge Liang, Prime Minister of Han, Lord of Wuxiang, Imperial Protector of Yizhou, reverently order this sacrifice to appease the shades of those soldiers of Shu who have died in their country's service and those of the southern people who have perished.

14 "I now declare to you, O ye shades, the majesty of my master, the Emperor of the mighty Han Dynasty, excelling that of the Five Feudatories and brilliantly continuing the glory of the Three Dynastic Kings. Recently, when the distant south rebelliously invaded his territory, contumeliously sent an army, loosed the venom of their sorcery, and gave free rein to their savagery in rebellion, I was commanded to punish their crimes. Wherefore my brave armies marched and utterly destroyed the contemptible rebels. My brave soldiers gathered like the clouds, and the insensate rebels melted away. Hearing of the easy successes I won, they were entirely demoralized.

15 "My army consists of heroes from the Nine Regions, and officers and people are famous in the empire; all are expert in war and skilled in the use of arms. They go whither light leads them and serve the Emperor. All have exerted themselves to obey orders and carried out the plans for the seven captures of Meng Huo. They were whole-hearted in their service and vied in loyalty. Who could foresee that you, O Spirits, would be sacrificed in the strategy and be involved in the enemies' wicked wiles? Some of you went down to the deep springs wounded by flying arrows. Others went out into the long night hurt by lethal weapons. Living you were valorous, dead you left behind a name.

16 "Now we are returning home. The victors' song is in our mouths and our prisoners accompany us. Your spirits are with us still and certainly hear our prayers. Follow the banners, come with the host, return to your country, each to his own village, where you may enjoy the savor of the meat offerings and receive the sacrifices of your own families. Do not become wandering ghosts in unfamiliar hamlets of restless shades in strange cities. I will memorialize our Emperor that your wives and little ones may enjoy his gracious bounty, every year gifts of food and clothing, every month donations for sustenance. Comfort yourselves with this provision.

17 "As for you, Spirits of this place, shades of the departed people of the south, here is the usual sacrifice. You are near home. Year-round sacrifice is not lacking. Living you stood in awe of the celestial majesty, dead you come within the sphere of refining influence. It is right that you should hold your peace and refrain from uttering unseemly cries. With bowed head I pray you partake of the sweet savor of this sacrifice.

18 "Alas, ye dead! To you this offering!"

19 Zhuge Liang broke into loud lamentations at the end of this prayer and manifested extreme emotion, and the whole army shed tears. Meng Huo and his followers also moaned and wept, and amid the sad clouds and angry mists they saw the vague forms of many demons floating away on the wind till they disappeared.

20 The material portion of the sacrifice was then thrown into the river. 

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,