삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 012 조조와 여포 09

13.操在鄄城,知陶謙已死,劉玄德領徐州牧,大怒曰:「我讎未報,汝不費半箭之功,坐得徐州!吾必先殺劉備,後戮謙屍,以雪先君之怨!」即傳號令,剋日起兵去打徐州。荀彧入諫曰:「昔高祖保關中,光武據河內,皆深根固本,以正天下。進足以勝敵,退足以堅守,故雖有困,終濟大業。明公本首事兗州,且河、濟乃天下之要地,是亦昔之關中、河內也。今若取徐州,多留兵則不足用,少留兵則呂布乘虛寇之,是無兗州也。若徐州不得,明公安所歸乎?今陶謙雖死,已有劉備守之。徐州之民,既已服備,必助備死戰。明公棄兗州面取徐州,是棄大而就小,去本而求末,以安而易危也:願熟思之。」操曰:「今歲荒乏糧,軍士坐守於此,終非良策。」彧曰:「不如東略陳地,使軍就食;汝南、潁川,黃巾餘黨何儀、黃劭等,劫掠州郡,多有金帛、糧食。此等賊徒,又容易破。破而取其糧,以養三軍,朝廷喜,百姓悅,乃順天之事也。」

The news of the events in Xuzhou duly reached the ears of Cao Cao, then in Juancheng.

Said he, angrily, "I have missed my revenge. This Liu Bei has simply stepped into command of the region without expending half an arrow: He sat still and attained his desire. But I will put him to death and then dig up Tao Qian's corpse in revenge for the death of my noble father!"

Orders were issued for the army to prepare for a new campaign against Xuzhou.

But Adviser Xun Yu remonstrated with Cao Cao, saying, "The Supreme Ancestor secured the Land Within the Passes and his illustrious successor on the throne, Liu Xiu, took Henei. They both first consolidated their position whereby they could command the entire empire. Their whole progress was from success to success. Hence they accomplished their great designs in spite of difficulties.

"Illustrious Sir, your Land Within the Passes and your Henei are Yanzhou and the Yellow River, which you had first, and which is of the utmost strategic point of the empire. If you undertake this expedition against Xuzhou leaving many troops here for defense, you will not accomplish your design; if you leave too few, Lu Bu will fall upon us. And finally if you lose this and fail to gain Xuzhou, whither will you retire? That region is not vacant. Although Tao Qian has gone, Liu Bei holds it; and since the people support him, they will fight to the death for him. To abandon this place for that is to exchange the great for the small, to barter the trunk for the branches, to leave safety and run into danger. I would implore you to reflect well."

Cao Cao replied, "It is not a good plan to keep soldiers idle here during such scarcity."

"If that is so, it would be more advantageous to attack the eastern counties of Chencheng, Yingchuan, and Runan, and feed your army on their supplies. The remnants of the Yellow Scarves, He Yi and Huang Shao, are there with stores and treasures of all kinds that they have amassed by plundering wherever they could. Rebels of their stamp are easily broken. Break them, and you can feed your army with their grain. Moreover, both the court and the common people will join in blessing you."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,