Gen2415 Rebekah at the well.jpg
01Gen2401 [LLM0207] Isaac Meets Rebekah
Genesis 24
개역한글성경 창24:

When Isaac was grown, his mother Sarah died, and was buried in the cave of Machpelah. And Abraham was old, and one day he made his servant promise that a wife for Isaac would not come from the daughters of the Canaanites, but from his own relatives.  And Abraham made his servant promise to go to the country of Abraham's birth, and find a wife for Isaac.  The servant thought that the woman might not want to follow him into a land she did not know, but Abraham said to him "The LORD God of heaven, he who spoke to me, and told me he would give the land to my descendants, he shall send his angel before you, and you shall take a wife to my son from there."

And so the servant took 10 camels loaded with his master's goods, and went to the city of Nahor where Abraham was born. And he arrived at a well of water in the evening when the women go to draw water.  And he prayed that the maiden who would give his camels water to drink would be the maiden that the LORD desired to be the wife of Isaac.  And even before he finished his prayer, Rebekah, Abraham's niece, came to the well.  And she was very beautiful. And she gave Abraham's servant and his camels water to drink, and the servant wondered if this was the maiden the LORD desired for Isaac.

So he gave her a golden earring and two bracelets and asked her whose daughter she was, and if he could stay at her house  And when he found out that she was a relative of Abraham, he bowed down his head and worshipped the LORD.  And he said "Blessed be the LORD God of Abraham, who has led me to the house of my master's brethren."  And Rebekah ran to her house and told them all that had happened.

And so the servant went to the house, and provided for his camels, and was given meat to eat, but he would not eat until he told them why he had come. and he said "I am Abraham's servant, and the LORD has blessed my master greatly, And Sarah my master's wife had a son when she was old, and my master made me promise to find a wife for his son from his own kindred."  And he told them how he had come to the well, and prayed to the LORD  and how Rebekah had come to the well and gave his camels water and how he knew that this was the woman that the LORD desired to be the wife of Isaac.

And so Rebekah's father and brother told the servant to take her and let her be the wife of Isaac "as the LORD has spoken."  And the servant worshipped the LORD, bowing himself to the earth.  And he brought jewels of silver, and gold and clothing, and gave them to Rebekah, and also to her brother and her mother very precious things.

And in the morning Rebekah's mother and brother wanted her to stay longer, but the servant told them "do not hinder me, because the LORD has prospered my way." so they asked Rebekah, and she said she would leave with the servant.  And so they blessed her and Rebekah and her maidens rode camels and followed the servant.

And Isaac went out to pray in the field at evening, and he looked up and saw camels coming.  And Rebekah looked and when she saw Isaac, she got off her camel, because she had asked the servant who the man was that was walking in the field, and she knew it was Isaac, and so she took a veil and covered herself.  And the servant told Isaac everything he had done.

And Isaac took Rebekah into his mother's tent, and Rebekah became his wife, and he loved her, and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

Isaacstory

More Quiz 01Gen24

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 테마별,
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 읽기(Wayne), 소요리, 대요리 문답, 신앙고백WCF

성경연대표 1.창조 2.족장 3.출애굽 4.광야 5.정복 6.사사 7.통일왕국 8.분열왕국 9.포로 10.포로귀환 11.중간 12.예수 13.초대교회 14.세계선교