개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

Parables Of Jesus Christ: The Worthy Servant
by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

A stern warning from Jesus Christ to those who claim to be His people:

"17:1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones [see also Was Judas Necessary?].
17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him [see also Parables Of Jesus Christ: The Forgiven].

17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith." (Luke 17:1-5 KJV)

In reply to the apostles' request to understand, the Messiah's parable of the worthy servant:

"17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." (Luke 17:7-10 KJV)
"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap"

Christian, from the Greek word (pronounced) Christianos, was originally a term used by unbelievers to describe the followers of Jesus Christ as slaves i.e. the suffix ianos was popularly used to specify the slaves of the one whose name with which it was compounded. Christianos meant slaves of Christ. It was the name given to the Church of God by the Greeks and Romans who most often intended it as an insult. Christ's true people understand however that obedience to Christ is the only way to live, because it's the only way to life.

Servant
"6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not [see also Could Christ Return Tonight?]. 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." (Galatians 6:7-10 KJV)
Moreover, like a young adult sent to work at a parent's business in order to learn the work "from the bottom up," Christ's servants have a greater potential if they prove themselves worthy i.e. "4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ" (Galatians 4:7 KJV) and "3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:28-29 KJV).

"4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." (Galatians 4:1-7 KJV)

Fact Finder: Does the word "minister" actually mean nothing more than servant?
See Minister

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,