개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

Parables Of Jesus Christ: The Fig Tree
by Wayne Blank

See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

The Messiah's parable of the fig tree:

"13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard [see also Grafting]; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down." (Luke 13:6-9 KJV)

Fig"If it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down"

The LORD gives people the necessary time to grow toward harvest, toward salvation. The "taking root" is genuine repentance, and then "3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance" (Matthew 3:8 KJV). John the Baptist (see John's Testimony; also How Long Was John's Ministry?) warned the self-righteous Pharisees (see also Was Paul Among Them?) that they were headed toward the fire if they did not repent and "bringeth not forth good fruit."

"3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan [see The Jordan River], 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 3:10 And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost, and with fire [see Baptism Of Fire]: 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matthew 3:5-12 KJV)

Bearing fruit is not in itself good if the fruit isn't good. Bad fruit is no better than, or in many cases is worse than, no fruit at all because of the damage that the corrupt often do to those who are growing well (the reason that the man in the parable wanted to cut down the unproductive tree that was taking away sunlight and soil nutrients from the other trees). True Christianity isn't about merely claiming Christ's Name for the religion that one has invented for one's own convenience i.e. "7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21 KJV).

"7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves [see Wolves In Sheep's Clothing]. 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of Thorns, or figs of thistles? 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:15-23 KJV)

Fact Finder: How is "good fruit" produced?
See Growing In The Grace And Knowledge

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,