▶ 바나바(Barnabas)

뜻:권위자

기독교 최초 개종한 한 삶의 이름이다. 레위 사람으로 본명은 요셉이다. 성품이 온유하고 재능이 다양하여 당시 사람들이 바나바를 권위자라고 불렀다.

성신을 받은 후에 토지를 팔아서 사도들에게 바쳐 구제 사업에 쓰게 하였다(행04:36-37).

사울이 회개한 후 예루살렘에 가서 교우들을 만나고자 하나 모두 핍박자로 알고 두려 워 만나지 않을 때에 바나바가 데리고 가서 잘 소개하였다(행09:26 -27).
5년후 예루살렘 교회는 안디옥 교회가 왕성한다는 소식을 듣고 바나바 를 시찰차 파송하였다(행11:20).

다소에가서 바울을 데리고 안디옥에 와서 같이 전도하여 대 부흥을 일으켰다 (행11:25-26).
주후 45년 바울과 같이 안디옥 교회에서 헌금을 가지고 예루 살렘에 갔다가 오는 길에 생질 마가를 데리고 왔다(행11:30, (행12:25).

▶ 바나바 Barnabas. [Bar'nabas] 

A Levite of Cyprus. His name was JOSES (or Joseph as in some MSS); but by the apostles he was surnamed Barnabas, 'son of consolation' (rather 'exhortation'). We first read of him as one who sold his land and laid the money at the apostles' feet. Acts 4:36, 37. When the disciples at Jerusalem were afraid of Saul, it was Barnabas who introduced him to the apostles. Acts 9:26, 27. When the Gentiles were converted at Antioch it was Barnabas who was sent there from Jerusalem. He rejoiced in the reality of the work and exhorted them to cleave to the Lord; the scripture says he was "a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith." He then sought Saul and brought him to Antioch, where they laboured a whole year. They then together visited Jerusalem with contributions from the saints. Acts 11:22-30. Antioch became a centre, from whence the gospel went forth to the Gentiles; it was there that the Holy Ghost said, "Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them," and from thence they started on what is called Paul's first missionary journey. Acts 13:2-4.

(행04:36-37 36 구브로에서 난 레위족인이 있으니 이름은 요셉이라 사도들이 일컬어 바나바(번역하면 권위자)라 하니 36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, [and] of the country of Cyprus, 37 그가 밭이 있으매 팔아 값을 가지고 사도들의 발 앞에 두니라 37 Having land, sold [it], and brought the money, and laid [it] at the apostles' feet. 

(행09:26-27 26 사울이 예루살렘에 가서 제자들을 사귀고자 하나 다 두려워하여 그의 제자 됨을 믿지 아니하니 26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple. 27 바나바가 데리고 사도들에게 가서 그가 길에서 어떻게 주를 본 것과 주께서 그에게 말씀하신 일과 다메섹에서 그가 어떻게 예수의 이름으로 담대히 말하던 것을 말하니라 27 But Barnabas took him, and brought [him] to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. 

(행11:22-30 22 예루살렘 교회가 이 사람들의 소문을 듣고 바나바를 안디옥까지 보내니 22 Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch. 23 저가 이르러 하나님의 은혜를 보고 기뻐하여 모든 사람에게 굳은 마음으로 주께 붙어 있으라 권하니 23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord. 24 바나바는 착한 사람이요 성령과 믿음이 충만한 자라 이에 큰 무리가 주께 더하더라 24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord. 25 바나바가 사울을 찾으러 다소에 가서 25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26 만나매 안디옥에 데리고 와서 둘이 교회에 일년간 모여 있어 큰 무리를 가르쳤고 제자들이 안디옥에서 비로소 그리스도인이라 일 컬음을 받게 되었더라 26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.  27 그 때에 선지자들이 예루살렘에서 안디옥에 이르니 27 And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch. 28 그 중에 아가보라 하는 한 사람이 일어나 성령으로 말하되 천하가 크게 흉년 들리라 하더니 글라우디오 때에 그렇게 되니라 28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. 29 제자들이 각각 그 힘대로 유대에 사는 형제들에게 부조를 보내기로 작정하고 29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: 30 이를 실행하여 바나바와 사울의 손으로 장로들에게 보내니라 30 Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul. 

(행13:02-04 2 주를 섬겨 금식할 때에 성령이 가라사대 내가 불러 시키는 일을 위하여 바나바와 사울을 따로 세우라 하시니 2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 이에 금식하며 기도하고 두 사람에게 안수하여 보내니라 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid [their] hands on them, they sent [them] away. 4 두 사람이 성령의 보내심을 받아 실루기아에 내려가 거기서 배 타고 구브로에 가서 4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus. 

On the question being raised as to the necessity of the Gentile disciples being circumcised, Paul and Barnabas (Paul being now mostly mentioned first) went up to Jerusalem about the subject. Acts 15:1-41. After this Paul proposed that they should visit again the brethren in the cities where they had preached. Barnabas insisted that they should take his nephew Mark with them; but Paul objected, for Mark had previously left the work. Barnabas persisting in his desire, they parted, and he and Mark sailed to Cyprus, his own country. Thus were separated these two valuable servants of the Lord who had hazarded their lives for the name of the Lord Jesus. We have no record of any further labours of Barnabas. Paul alludes to him as one who had been carried away by the dissimulation of Peter, otherwise he speaks of him affectionately. 1 Cor. 9:6; Gal. 2:1, 9, 13.

(행15:01-41 이방인들의 할례에 대한 논쟁 (행15:1-5 ) 이방인 복음 전도에 대한 회의 소집 ( 15:6-21 ) 예루살렘 회의의 결의 내용 ( 15:22-35 ) 바울과 바나바의 불화 ( 15:36-41 )

(고전09:6 6 어찌 나와 바나바만 일하지 아니할 권이 없겠느냐 6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working? 

(갈02:1,9,13 1 십 사년 후에 내가 바나바와 함께 디도를 데리고 다시 예루살렘에 올라갔노니 1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with [me] also. 9 또 내게 주신 은혜를 알므로 기둥 같이 여기는 야고보와 게바와 요한도 나와 바나바에게 교제의 악수를 하였으니 이는 우리는 이방인에게로, 저희는 할례자에게로 가게 하려 함이라 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. 13 남은 유대인들도 저와 같이 외식하므로 바나바도 저희의 외식에 유혹되었느니라 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 

BARNABAS, EPISTLE OF.   There is an Epistle of 21 chapters attributed to Barnabas. Clement of Alexandria treated it as genuine, and Origen called it a 'catholic epistle;' but it is now commonly held that its author was not the companion of Paul. It was most probably written by a Gentile, for it is strongly opposed to Judaism; it has numerous inaccuracies as to the Old Testament, and absurd interpretations of scripture, and contains many silly allusions to the writer's superior knowledge. It was by Eusebius ranked among the spurious writings.

--- Morrish Bible Dictionary

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 읽기(Wayne),
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 테마별,