삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 033-03 요동 평정

操引兵入南皮,安撫百姓。忽有一彪軍來到,乃袁熙部將焦觸、張南也。操自引軍迎之。二將倒戈卸甲,特來投降。操封為列侯。又黑山賊張燕,引軍十萬來降,操封為平北將軍。下令將袁譚首級號令,敢有哭者斬。頭挂北門外。一人布冠衰衣,哭於頭下。左右拏來見操。操問之,乃青州別駕王修也,因諫袁譚被逐,今知譚死,故來哭之。

操曰:「汝知吾令否?」修曰:「知之。」操曰:「汝不怕死耶?」修曰:「我生受其祿,令亡而不哭,非義也。畏死忘義,何以立世乎!若得收葬譚屍,受戮無恨。」操曰:「河北義士,何其如此之多也!可惜袁氏不能用!若能用,則吾安敢正眼覷此地哉?」遂命收葬譚屍,禮修為上賓,以為司金中郎將;因問之曰:「今袁尚已投袁熙,取之當用何策?」修不答。操曰:「忠臣也。」問郭嘉,嘉曰:「可使袁氏降將焦觸、張南等自攻之。」操用其言,隨差焦觸、張南、呂曠、呂翔、馬延、張顗,各引本部兵,分三路進攻幽州;一面使李典、樂進會合張燕,打并州,攻高幹。

且說袁尚、袁熙知曹兵將至,料難迎敵,乃棄城引兵,星夜奔遼西,投烏桓去了。幽州刺史烏桓觸,聚幽州眾官,歃血為盟,共議背袁向曹之事。烏桓觸先言曰:「吾知曹丞相當世英雄,今往投降,有不遵令者斬。」依次歃血,循至別駕韓珩。珩乃擲劍於地,大呼曰:「吾受袁公父子厚恩,今主敗亡,智不能救,勇不能死!於義缺矣!若北面而降曹,吾不為也!」

眾皆失色。烏桓觸曰:「夫興大事,當立大義。事之濟否,不待一人。韓珩既有志如此,聽其自便。」推珩而出。烏桓觸乃出城迎接三路軍馬,逕來降操。操大喜,加為鎮北將軍。忽探馬來報:「樂進、李典、張燕攻打并州,高幹守住壺口關,不能下。」操自勒兵前往。三將接著,說:「幹拒關難擊。」操集眾將共議破幹之計。荀攸曰:「若破幹,須用詐降計方可。」

操然之。喚降將呂曠、呂翔,附耳低言,如此如此。呂曠等引軍數十,直抵關下,叫曰:「吾等原係袁氏舊將,不得已而降曹。曹操為人詭譎,薄待吾等,吾今還扶舊主。可疾開門相納。」高幹未信,只教二將自上關說話。二將卸甲棄馬而入,謂幹曰:「曹軍新到,可乘其軍心未定,今夜劫寨。某等願當先。」

幹喜從其言,是夜教二呂當先,引萬餘軍前去。將至曹寨,背後喊聲大震,伏兵四起。高幹知是中計,急回壺關城。樂進、李典已奪了關。高幹奪路走脫,往投單于。操領兵拒住關口,使人追襲高幹。幹到單于界,正迎北番左賢王。幹下馬拜伏於地,言:「曹操吞併疆土,今欲犯王子地面,萬乞救援,同力克復,以保北方。」左賢王曰:「吾與曹操無讎,豈有侵我土地?汝欲使我結怨於曹氏耶!」叱退高幹。幹尋思無路,只得去投劉表。行至上潞,被都尉王琰所殺,將頭解送曹操。操封琰為列侯。

55 The city of Nanpi 남피 fell to Cao Cao. He entered and set about restoring peace and order. Then suddenly appeared a new army under two of Yuan Xi's generals, Jiao Chu 초촉 and Zhang Neng 장남. Cao Cao led out his troops to meet them, but the two commanders laid down their arms and yielded. They were rewarded with the rank of lordship.

56 Then Zhang Yan 장연, the leader of the Black Hills Brigands 흑산의 산적괴수, came with one hundred thousand troops and gave in his submission. He was made General Who Pacifies the North 평북장군.

57 By an order of Cao Cao, the head of Yuan Tan was exposed, and death was threatened to anyone who should lament for him. Nevertheless a man dressed in mourning attire was arrested for weeping below the exposed head at the north gate. Taken into Cao Cao's presence, he said he was Wang Xiu 왕수 and had been an officer in Qingzhou 청주. He had been expelled because he had remonstrated with Yuan Tan. But when the news of Yuan Tan's death came, he had come to weep for his late master.

58 "Did you know of my command?" said Cao Cao.

59 "I knew it."

60 "Yet you were not afraid?"

61 "When one has received favors from a man in life, it would be wrong not to mourn at his death. How can one stand in the world if one forgets duty through fear? If I could bury his body, I would not mind death."

62 Cao Cao said, "And there were many such as this in the north 하북. What a pity that the Yuan family could not make the best of them! But if they had done so, I should never have dared to turn my eyes toward this place."

63 The intrepid mourner was not put to death. The remains of Yuan Tan were properly interred, and Wang Xiu was well treated and even given an appointment.

64 In his new position Wang Xiu 왕수 was asked for advice about the best way to proceed against Yuan Shang, who had fled to his second brother, but Wang Xiu remained silent, thereby winning from Cao Cao renewed admiration for his constancy.

65 "He is indeed loyal!" said Cao Cao.

66 Then he questioned Guo Jia, 곽가 who advised him, saying, "Give Yuan Xi's former generals the command and ask them to attack Youzhou."

67 Whereupon Jiao Chu 초촉 and Zhang Neng 장남 were given the command and reinforced by the armies under Lu Xiang 여상, Lu Kuang 여광, Ma Yan 마연, and Zhang Zi 장의 to bring about the surrender of Yuan Xi 원희 and Yuan Shang 원상. Then six generals, to attack Youzhou 유주 along three routes. Other armies led by Li Dian 이전, Yue Jing 악진, and Zhang Yan 장연 were sent against Gao Gan 고간 at Bingzhou 병주.

68 The two Yuan Xi and Yuan Shang heard of Cao Cao's advance with dismay for they had no hope of successful resistance. Therefore they abandoned Youzhou and hastily marched into Liaoxi 요서 to seek refuge with the Wuhuan 오환 tribespeople in the frontier Wuhuan State.

69 Then Wuhuan Chu 오환촉, new Imperial Protector of Youzhou 유주, was not disposed to incur the enmity of the powerful Cao Cao, so he called his subordinates together to swear them to support him.

70 Wuhuan Chu said, "I understand that Cao Cao is the most powerful man of the day, and I am going to support him, and those who do not go with me I shall put to death."

71 Each in turn smeared his lips with the blood of sacrifice and took the oath, till it came to the turn of Han Heng 한형.

72 Instead he dashed his sword to the ground, crying, "I have received great promotions and benefits from the Yuans. Now my lord has been vanquished. My knowledge was powerless to save him, and my bravery insufficient to cause me to die for him: I have failed in my duty. But I refuse to commit the crowning act of treachery and ally myself with Cao Cao."

73 This speech made the others turn pale.

74 The chief said, "For a great undertaking, there must be lofty principles. However, success does not necessarily depend upon universal support, and since Han Heng is actuated by such sentiments, then let him follow his conscience."

75 So Wuhuan Chu turned Han Heng out of the assembly. Wuhuan Chu then went out of the city to meet and welcome Cao Cao's army and rendered his submission. He was well received and the title given him of General Who Guards the North 진북장군.

76 Then the scouts came to report: "Generals Li Dian, Yue Jing, and Zhang Yan had marched to Bingzhou, but that Gao Gan had occupied Huguan Pass 호관 and could not be dislodged."

77 So Cao Cao marched thither himself. The defender still maintaining his position, Cao Cao asked for plans. Xun You 순유  proposed that a band should go over pretending to be deserters. Cao Cao assented and then called the two Lu Xiang 여상 and Lu Kuang 여광, to whom he gave whispered orders. They left with their companies.

78 Soon they came near the pass and called out, saying, "We are old officers in Yuan Shao's armies forced into surrender to Cao Cao. We find him so false and he treats us so meanly that we want to return to help our old master. Wherefore quickly open your gates to us."

79 Gao Gan 고간 was suspicious, but he let the two officers come up to the pass; and when they had stripped off their armor and left their horses, they were permitted to enter.

80 And they said to Gao Gan, "Cao Cao's troops are new to the country and not settled. You ought to fall upon their camp this very evening. If you approve, we will lead the attack."

81 Gao Gan decided to trust them and prepared to attack, giving the two brothers the leadership of ten thousand soldiers. But as they drew near Cao Cao's camp, a great noise arose behind them and they found themselves in an ambush attacked on all sides. Realizing too late that he had been the victim of a ruse, Gao Gan retreated to the pass 호관, but found it occupied by Li Dian and Yue Jing. Gao Gan then made the best of his way to the Chieftain 선우 of the Xiongnu People 흉노. Cao Cao gave orders to hold the passes and sent companies in pursuit.

82 When Gao Gan reached the boundary of the Xiongnu State, he met Ce Xian 좌현왕, the Khan of the northern tribespeople 북번.

83 Gao Gan dismounted and made a low obeisance, saying, "Cao Cao is conquering and absorbing all the borders and your turn, O King, will come quickly. I pray you help me and let us smite together for the safety of the northern regions."

84 Ce Xian the Khan replied, "I have no quarrel with Cao Cao. Why then should he invade my land? Do you desire to embroil me with him?"

85 He would have nothing to do with Gao Gan and sent him sway. At his wits' end, Gao Gan decided to try to join Liu Biao and go southward so far on his journey as Shanglu 상락 when he was taken prisoner and put to death by Governor Wang Yan 왕염. His head was sent to Cao Cao, and Wang Yan received lordship 열후 for this service.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,