개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20141125 Tuesday, November 25 2014
Psalm 004: David's Prayer

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer"

Many of the Psalms are prophecies that were set to music ("an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner" The WordNet Dictionary). Included among them is the only eyewitness account of the Crucifixion as seen through the Messiah's own eyes as He looked down from the Cross (see The Messianic Psalms and The Day That The Messiah Was Crucified).

"22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture." (Psalm 22:16-18 KJV)

Numerous of the Psalms are prayers of faith, that are also arranged to music. Some examples of "To the chief Musician ... hear my prayer."

"4:1 To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer." (Psalm 4:1 KJV)

"17:1 A Prayer of David. Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips." (Psalm 17:1 KJV)

"55:1 To the chief Musician on Neginoth, Maschil, A Psalm of David. Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication." (Psalm 55:1 KJV)

"61:1 To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer." (Psalm 61:1 KJV)

"64:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy." (Psalm 64:1 KJV)

"86:1 A Prayer of David. Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy." (Psalm 86:1 KJV)

"142:1 Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave. I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication." (Psalm 142:1 KJV)

"143:1 A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness." (Psalm 143:1 KJV)

The famous Twenty-Third Psalm is a statement of faith that is also a prayer of faith. It doesn't ask for anything because "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

"23:1 A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalm 23:1-6 KJV)

King David (see Israel In History and Prophecy: King David) well-understood the principle of "Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD" (verse 5 below). David's prayers were a righteous man's statement of living faith (see Faithful Doers Of The Word) - not a dead "faith" that merely claims the LORD's Name for the worship of one's self or circumstances (see Why Call Me, Lord, Lord, and Do Not The Things Which I Say?).

"4:1 To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

4:2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD. 4:6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. 4:7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:1-8 KJV)

Fact Finder: How and why were David's prayers heard and answered? Why does the same promise apply to everyone?
See How To Pray: 12 Biblical Principles Of Personal Prayer

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,