삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 054-02 새장가 드는 유비

肅作別下船而回,先到柴桑郡見周瑜。瑜問曰:「子敬討荊州如何?」肅曰:「有文書在此。」呈與周瑜。瑜頓足曰:「子敬中諸葛之謀也!名為借地,實是混賴。他說取了西川便還,知他幾時取西川?假如十年不得西川,十年不還?等這文書,如何中用,你卻與他做保!他若不還時,必須連累足下。倘主公見罪,奈何?」

肅聞言,呆了半晌,曰:「想玄德不負我。」瑜曰:「子敬乃誠實人也。劉備梟雄之輩,諸葛亮奸猾之徒,恐不似先生心地。」肅曰:「若此,如之奈何?」瑜曰:「子敬是我恩人,想昔日指囷相贈之情,如何不救你?你且寬心住數日,待江北探細的回,別有區處。」魯肅跼蹐不安。

過了數日,細作回報:「荊州城中揚起布旛做好事,城外別建新墳,軍士各挂孝。」瑜驚問曰:「沒了甚人?」細作曰:「劉玄德沒了甘夫人,即日安排殯葬。」瑜謂魯肅曰:「吾計成矣。使劉備束手就縛,荊州反掌可得!」肅曰:「計將安出?」瑜曰:「劉備喪妻,必將續娶。主公有一妹,極其剛勇,侍婢數百,居常帶刀,房中軍器擺列遍滿,雖男子不及。我今上書主公,教人去荊州為媒,說劉備來入贅。賺到南徐,妻子不能勾得,幽囚在獄中,卻使人去討荊州換劉備。等他交割了荊州城池,我別有主意。放子敬身上,須無事也。」

魯肅拜謝。周瑜寫了書呈,選快船送魯肅投南徐見孫權,先說借荊州一事,呈上文書。權曰:「你卻如此糊塗!這樣文書,要他何用?」肅曰:「周都督有書呈在此,說用此計,可得荊州。」

權看畢,點頭暗喜,尋思:「誰人可去?」猛然省曰:「非呂範不可。」遂召呂範至,謂曰:「近聞劉玄德喪婦。吾有一妹,欲招贅玄德為婿,永結姻親,同心破曹,以扶漢室。非子衡不可為媒,望即往荊州一言。」範領命,即日收拾船隻,帶數個從人,望荊州來。

卻說玄德自沒甘夫人,畫夜煩惱。一日,正與孔明閒敘,人報東吳差呂範到來。孔明笑曰:「此乃周瑜之計,必為荊州之故。亮只在屏風後潛聽。但有甚說話,主公都應承了。留來人在館驛中安歇,別作商議。」

玄德教請呂範入,禮畢坐定。茶罷,玄德問曰:「子衡來必有所諭?」範曰:「範近聞皇叔失偶,有一門好親,故不避嫌,特來作媒。未知尊意若何?」玄德曰:「中年喪妻,大不幸也。骨肉未寒,安忍便議親?」範曰:「人若無妻,如屋無梁,豈可中道而廢人倫?吾主吳侯有一妹,美而賢,堪奉箕帚。若兩家共結秦晉之好,則曹賊不敢正視東南也。此事家國兩便,請皇叔勿疑。但我國太吳夫人甚愛幼女,不肯遠嫁,必求皇叔到東吳就婚。」玄德曰:「此事吳侯知否?」範曰:「不先稟吳侯,如何敢造次來說?」玄德曰:「吾年已半百,鬢髮斑白。吳侯之妹,正當妙齡,恐非配偶。」範曰:「吳侯之妹,身雖女子,志勝男兒。常言:『若非天下英雄,吾不事之。』今皇叔名聞四海,正所謂淑女配君子,豈以年齒上下相嫌乎?」玄德曰:「公且少留,來日回報。」

20 Lu Su 노숙 went down into his ship. He reached Chaisang 시상군 and there saw Zhou Yu 주유, who said, "Well, how did you speed with your demand for Jingzhou 형주?"

21 "Here is the document," said Lu Su, giving it to Zhou Yu to read.

22 "You have been victimized by Zhuge Liang!" said Zhou Yu, stamping his foot with irritation. "In name it may be temporary occupation, but in fact it is humbug. They say the place is to be returned when they get the west. Who knows when that will be? Suppose ten years: Then it will be ten years before they give us Jingzhou. What is the use of such a document as this? And you are a guarantor of its due performance! If they do not give us the city, you get into trouble. Suppose our lord finds you in the wrong, what then?"

23 Lu Su was dumbfounded. When he had somewhat recovered his self-possession, he said, "I think Liu Bei will be true to me."

24 "You, my friend, are simple and sincere. Liu Bei is a scoundrel adventurer, and Zhuge Liang is a slippery customer. They and you are utterly different."

25 "What then is to be done?" cried Lu Su distressfully.

26 "You are my dear friend, and your kindness in freely offering your store of grain to relieve my army is still fresh in my memory. Of course I will save you. Do not be anxious, but wait a few days till we get news of what is doing on the north of the river, and then we can decide upon a plan."

27 Lu Su passed some very uneasy days. Then the scouts came back saying that in Jingzhou everything seemed in excellent order and the white flags were flying everywhere, while outside the city they were building a magnificent mausoleum for Lady Gan 감부인, wife of Liu Bei. All the soldiers were in mourning.

28 When Zhou Yu knew who was dead, he said to Lu Su, "My scheme is made. You will see Liu Bei just stand still to be bound, and we shall get Jingzhou like turning a hand."

29 "What is the main spring of your plan?" said Lu Su.

30 "Liu Bei will want to remarry, and our lord has a sister, Sun Ren. She is a tough lady, whose women guards number many hundreds, all armed with weapons of war. Her apartments also are full of such things. I will write to our lord to send an intermediary to arrange that the lady shall wed Liu Bei at her family home, and thus we shall entice Liu Bei to Nanxu. But instead of marrying a wife, Liu Bei will find himself a prisoner, and then we will demand Jingzhou as ransom. When they have handed over the region, I shall find something else to say and nothing will fall on your head."

31 Lu Su was very grateful. Then Zhou Yu wrote letters to his master, and a swift boat was chosen to take Lu Su to see the Marquis of Wu.

32 After the lending of Jingzhou had been discussed, Lu Su presented the document given him by Liu Bei.

33 "What is the use of such nonsense as this?" said Sun Quan, when he had read it.

34 "There is another letter from General Zhou Yu. And he says that if you will employ his scheme, you can recover Jingzhou," replied Lu Su.

35 Having read that letter, Sun Quan was more pleased and began to consider who was the best person to send.

36 Suddenly he cried, "I have it. Lu Fan 여범 is the man to send."

37 Sun Quan called Lu Fan and said to him, "I have just heard that Liu Bei has lost his wife. I have a sister whom I should like to marry to him and so make a bond of union between our two houses. Thus we should be united against Cao Cao and in support of the House of Han. You are the one man to be intermediary, and I hope you will go to Jingzhou and see to this."

38 Under these orders, Lu Fan at once began to prepare his ships for the voyage and soon started.

39 Liu Bei was greatly distressed at the death of Lady Gan, fretting for her day and night. One day when he was talking with his adviser, they announced the arrival of Lu Fan who had come on a mission from the South Land.

40 "One of Zhou Yu's devices," said Zhuge Liang smiling, "and it is all on account of this region. I will just retire behind the screen and listen. But you, my lord, agree to whatever the messenger proposes. Then let the messenger be taken to the guest-house while we arrange what is to be done."

41 So the envoy was introduced. Bows having been exchanged, host and guest being seated in due order and the tea drunk, Liu Bei opened the interview.

42 "You must have some commands for me, Sir, since you come thus."

43 "News has just been received that you, O Imperial Uncle, have just been bereaved of your consort. I venture to hope you would not object to an advantageous match, and I have come to propose one. Are you disposed to listen?"

44 "To lose one's wife in middle age is truly a great misfortune," said Liu Bei. "While her body is still warm, I cannot listen to proposals for another marriage."

45 Lu Fan said, "A man without a wife is like a house without a ridge pole. At your age, one should not live an incomplete life. I am come on the part of Marquis Sun Quan, who has a sister, beautiful as she is, accomplished and well fitted to be a mate for you. Should the two families become allied as formerly were Qin and Jin, then that ruffian Cao Cao would never dare so much as look this way. Such an alliance would be to the benefit of both our houses and of the state. I hope, O Imperial Uncle, that you will fairly consider the proposal. However, since the young girl's mother is dotingly fond of her, the mother does not wish her to go far away, and so I must ask you to come into our country for the wedding."

46 "Does the Marquis know of your coming?"

47 "How dare I come without his knowledge?"

48 "I am no longer young," said Liu Bei. "I am fifty and grizzled. This fair damsel, the sister of the Marquis, is now in the flower of her youth and no mate for me."

49 "Although the damsel is a woman, yet in mind she surpasses many a man, and she has said she will never wed anyone who is unknown to fame. Now, Sir, you are renowned throughout the four seas. Marriage with you would be the chaste maiden mating with the born gentleman. Of what consequence is the difference in age?"

50 "Sir, stay here awhile, and I will give you a reply tomorrow," said Liu Bei.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,