삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 053-02 유비, 노장 황충 얻다

卻說長沙太守韓玄,平生性急,輕於殺戮,眾皆惡之。是時聽知雲長軍到,便喚老將黃忠商議。忠曰:「不須主公憂慮,憑某這口刀,這張弓,一千個來,一千個死!」原來黃忠能開二石之弓,百發百中。

言未畢,階下一人應聲而出曰:「不須老將軍出戰,只就某手中定活捉關某。」韓玄視之,乃管軍校尉楊齡。韓玄大喜,遂令楊齡引軍一千,飛奔出城。約行五十里,望見塵頭起處,雲長軍馬早到。楊齡挺槍出馬,立於陣前罵戰。雲長大怒,更不打話,飛馬舞刀,直取楊齡。齡挺槍來迎。不三合,雲長手起刀落,砍楊齡於馬下。追殺敗兵,直至城下。

韓玄聞之大驚,便教黃忠出馬。玄自來城上觀看。忠提刀縱馬,引五百騎兵飛過弔橋。雲長見一老將出馬,知是黃忠,把五百校刀手一字擺開,橫刀立馬而問曰:「來將莫非黃忠否?」忠曰:「既知我名,焉敢犯我境!」雲長曰:「特來取汝首級!」

言罷,兩馬交鋒,戰一百餘合,不分勝負。韓玄恐黃忠有失,鳴金收軍。黃忠收軍入城。雲長也退軍,離城十里下寨,心中暗忖:「老將黃忠,名不虛傳:鬥一百合,全無破綻。來日必用拖刀計,背砍贏之。」次日早飯畢,又來城下搦戰。韓玄坐在城上,教黃忠出馬。忠引數百騎殺過弔橋,再與雲長交馬。又鬥五六十合,勝負不分。兩軍齊聲喝采。

鼓聲正急時,雲長撥馬便走。黃忠趕來。雲長方欲用刀砍時,忽聽得腦後一聲響;急回頭看時,見黃忠被戰馬前失,掀在地下。雲長急回馬,雙手舉刀猛喝曰:「我且饒你性命!快換馬來廝殺!」黃忠急提起馬蹄,飛身上馬,奔入城中。玄驚問之,忠曰:「此馬久不上陣,故有此失。」玄曰:「汝箭百發百中,何不射之?」忠曰:「來日再戰,必然詐敗,誘到弔橋邊射之。」玄以自己所乘一匹青馬與黃忠。忠拜謝而退,尋思:「難得雲長如此義氣!他不忍殺害我,我又安忍射他?……若不射,又恐違了軍令。」是夜躊躇未定。

次日天曉,人報雲長搦戰。忠領兵出城。雲長兩日戰黃忠不下,十分焦躁,抖擻威風,與忠交馬。戰不到三十餘合,忠詐敗,雲長趕來。忠想起昨日不殺之恩,不忍便射,帶住刀,把弓虛拽弦響。雲長急閃,卻不見箭。雲長又趕,忠又虛拽。雲長急閃,又無箭,只道黃忠不會射,放心趕來。將近弔橋,黃忠在橋上搭箭開弓,弦響箭到,正射在雲長盔纓根上。前面軍齊聲喊起。雲長吃了一驚,帶箭回寨,方知黃忠有百步穿楊之能,今日只射盔纓,正是報昨日不殺之恩也。

24 Governor Han Xuan 한현 of Changsha 장사 was of hasty temperament with small compunction in matters of life and death and was universally hated. When he heard of the army coming against him, he called his veteran leader, Huang Zhong 황충, to ask advice.

25 The latter said, "Do not be distressed. This sword of mine and my bow are equal to the slaughter of all who may come."

26 Huang Zhong had been very strong and could bend the three-hundred-pound bow and was a most perfect archer.

27 When Huang Zhong referred to his prowess, a certain man spoke up and said, "Let not the Veteran General go out to battle. Trust to my right arm, and you shall have this Guan Yu a prisoner in your hands."

28 The speaker was General Yang Lin 양령. The Governor accepted his offer and told off a thousand troops to go with him, and they quickly rode out of the city. About fifteen miles from the city, they observed a great cloud of dust approaching and soon distinguished the invaders. Yang Lin set his spear and rode to the front to abuse and fight. Guan Yu made no reply to the abuse, but rode forward flourishing his sword. The warriors soon met, and in the third encounter Yang Lin was cut down. Guan Yu's army dashed forward and pursued the defeated force to the city wall.

29 When the Governor heard of this reverse, he ordered the veteran Huang Zhong to go out while he went up on the city wall to watch the fight.

30 Huang Zhong took his sword and crossed the drawbridge of Changsha at the head of his force. Guan Yu, seeing an old leader riding out, knew it must be Huang Zhong. Guan Yu halted his troops and placed them in line with their swords at the point.

31 Then sitting there on horseback, he said, "He who comes is surely Huang Zhong, eh?"

32 "Since you know me, how dare you come within my boundaries?" replied the veteran.

33 "I have come expressly to get your head!"

34 Then the combat began. They fought a hundred and more bouts, and neither seemed nearer victory. At this point the Governor, fearing some mishap to his veteran general, beat the gong to retreat and the battle ceased, one side going into the city of Changsha and the other camping three miles away to the rear.

35 Guan Yu thought in his heart that the fame of the veteran opposed to him was well merited. He had fought a hundred bouts and discovered never a weak spot. He determined that in the next encounter he would use a "swinging-horse stab" and so overcome Huang Zhong.

36 Next day, the early meal eaten, Guan Yu came to the city wall and offered his challenge. The Governor seated himself on the city wall and bade his veteran warrior go out to accept it. At the head of a few horsemen, Huang Zhong dashed across the drawbridge. The two champions engaged, and at the end of half a hundred bouts neither had the advantage. On both sides the soldiers cheered lustily.

37 When the drums were beating most furiously, suddenly Guan Yu wheeled round his horse and fled. Of course Huang Zhong followed. Just as the moment for the feint arrived, Guan Yu heard behind him a tremendous crash and turned to see his pursuer lying prone upon the ground. Huang Zhong's steed had stumbled and thrown him.

38 Guan Yu turned, raised his sword in both hands, and cried in a fierce tone, "I spare your life, but quick! Get another horse and come again to battle."

39 Huang Zhong pulled his horse to its feet hastily, leapt upon its back, and went into the city at full speed. The Governor was astonished and asked for an account of the accident.

40 "The horse is too old," replied Huang Zhong.

41 "Why did you not shoot since your aim is so perfect?" asked the Governor.

42 "I will try again tomorrow," said Huang Zhong. "I will run away as if overcome, and so tempt him to the drawbridge and then shoot him."

43 Han Xuan gave the veteran a gray horse that he usually rode himself. Huang Zhong thanked him and retired.

44 But Huang Zhong could not forget Guan Yu's generous conduct, nor could he understand it. He could not make up his mind to shoot the man who had spared his life. Yet if he did not shoot, he betrayed his duty as a soldier. It was very perplexing, and the whole night spent in thinking it over found him still undecided.

45 At daybreak a man came in saying that Guan Yu was near the wall and challenging them again. So Huang Zhong gave order to go out.

46 Now Guan Yu, having fought for two days and not having overcome Huang Zhong, was very ill at ease. So he called up all his dignity when he went forth to fight that day. When they had got to the thirtieth bout, Huang Zhong fled as if he was overcome. Guan Yu pursued.

47 As he rode away, Huang Zhong thought in his heart, "He spared me only yesterday, and I cannot bear to shoot him today."

48 Putting up his sword, Huang Zhong took his bow and twanged the string only. No arrow flew. Guan Yu dodged, but seeing no arrow in the air, he retook the pursuit. Again Huang Zhong twanged an arrowless bowstring, and again Guan Yu dodged, but no arrow came.

49 Then Guan Yu said to himself, "He cannot shoot," and pressed on in pursuit.

50 As they neared the city wall, the veteran stopped on the drawbridge, fitted an arrow, pulled the bow, and sent an arrow flying that just hit the base of the plume on Guan Yu's helmet.

51 The soldiers shouted at the display of marksmanship. Guan Yu was taken aback and set off for camp with the arrow still sticking. Then he heard that Huang Zhong's skill was said to be equal to piercing a willow leaf at a hundred paces, and Guan Yu understood that he owed this warning in the shape of an arrow in his plume to gratitude for sparing the veteran the preceding day.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,