삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 011 유비의 진출과 조조의 패배 13

16.陶謙見玄德儀表軒昂,語言豁達,心中大喜,便命糜竺取徐州牌印,讓與玄德。玄德愕然曰:「公何意也?」謙曰:「今天下擾亂,王綱不振,公乃漢室宗親,正宜力扶社稷。老夫年邁無能,情願將徐州相讓。公勿推辭。謙當自寫表文,申奏朝廷。」玄德離席再拜曰:「劉備雖漢朝苗裔,功微德薄,為平原相猶恐不稱職;今為大義,故來相助;公出此言,莫非疑劉備有吞併之心耶?若舉此念,皇天不佑!」謙曰:「此老夫之實情也。」再三相讓,玄德那裏肯受。糜竺進曰:「今兵臨城下,且當商議退敵之策。待事平之日,再當相讓可也。」玄德曰:「備當遺書於曹操,勸令解和。操若不從,廝殺未遲。」於是傳檄三寨,且按兵不動;遣人齎書以達曹操。

Tao Qian was delighted with Liu Bei, admiring his high-spirited appearance and clear speech. Tao Qian bade Mi Zhu offer Liu Bei the seal and insignia of the protectorship office. But Liu Bei shrank back startled.

"What does this mean?" said Liu Bei.

Tao Qian said, "There is trouble on every side, and the kingly rule is no longer maintained. You, Sir, are a member of the family and eminently fitted to support them and their prerogatives. I am verging on senility, and I wish to retire in your favor. I pray you not to decline, and I will report my action to the court."

Liu Bei started up from his seat and bowed before his host, saying, "Scion of the family I may be, but my merit is small and my virtue meager. I doubt my fitness even for my present post, and only a feeling of doing right sent me to your assistance. To hear such speech makes me doubt. Surely you think I came with greed in my heart. May God help me no more if I cherished such a thought!"

"It is a poor old man's real sentiment," said Tao Qian.

Time after time Tao Qian renewed his offer to entrust the region of Xuzhou to Liu Bei, but Liu Bei kept refusing.

In the midst of this came Mi Zhu, saying, "The enemies had reached the wall, and something must be done to drive them off. The present matter could await a more tranquil time."

Said Liu Bei, "I ought to write to Cao Cao to press him to raise the siege. If he refuses, we will attack forthwith."

Orders were sent to the camps outside to remain quiescent till the letter could reach Cao Cao.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,