Jeremiah Chapter 20 Matthew Henry Commentary Concise

The doom of Pashur, who ill-treated the prophet. (1-6)
Jeremiah complains of hard usage. (7-13)
He regrets his ever having been born. (14-18)

Verses 1-6 Pashur smote Jeremiah, and put him in the stocks. Jeremiah was silent till God put a word into his mouth. To confirm this, Pashur has a name given him, "Fear on every side." It speaks a man not only in distress, but in despair; not only in danger, but in fear on every side. The wicked are in great fear where no fear is, for God can make the most daring sinner a terror to himself. And those who will not hear of their faults from God's prophets, shall be made to hear them from their consciences. Miserable is the man thus made a terror to himself. His friends shall fail him. God lets him live miserably, that he may be a monument of Divine justice.

○렘20:1 박해와 예언
  렘20:1 예레미야의 바스훌
렘 20:1 제사장 임멜의 아들 바스훌은 여호와의 집 유사장이라 그가 예레미야의 이 일 예언함을 들은지라 
렘 20:2 이에 바스훌이 선지자 예레미야를 때리고 여호와의 집 베냐민의 윗문에 있는 착고에 채웠더니 
렘 20:3 다음날 바스훌이 예레미야를 착고에서 놓아 주매 예레미야가 그에게 이르되 여호와께서 네 이름을 바스훌이라 아니하시 고 마골 밋사빕이라 하시느니라 
렘 20:4 대저 여호와께서 이같이 말씀하시되 보라 내가 너로 너와 네 모든 친구에게 두려움이 되게 하리니 그들이 그 원수의 칼 에 엎드 러질 것이요 네 눈은 그것을 볼 것이며 내가 온 유다를 바벨론 왕의 손에 붙이리니 그가 그들을 사로잡아 바벨론으로 옮 겨 칼로죽이리라 
렘 20:5 내가 또 이 성의 모든 부와 그 모든 소득과 그 모든 소득과 그 모든 귀물과 유다 왕들의 모든 보물을 그 원수의 손에 붙이리니 그들이 그것을 탈취하여 바벨론으로 가져가리라 
렘 20:6 바스훌아 너와 네 집에 거하는 모든 자가 포로 되어 옮기우리니 네가 바벨론에 이르러 거기서 죽어 거기 묻힐 것이라 너와 네가 거짓 예언을 하여 들린 네 모든 친구도 일반이리라 하셨느니라 

Verses 7-13 The prophet complains of the insult and injury he experienced. But ver. ( 7 ) may be read, Thou hast persuaded me, and I was persuaded. Thou wast stronger than I; and didst overpower me by the influence of thy Spirit upon me. So long as we see ourselves in the way of God, and of duty, it is weakness and folly, when we meet with difficulties and discouragements, to wish we had never set out in it. The prophet found the grace of God mighty in him to keep him to his business, notwithstanding the temptation he was in to throw it up. Whatever injuries are done to us, we must leave them to that God to whom vengeance belongs, and who has said, I will repay. So full was he of the comfort of God's presence, the Divine protection he was under, and the Divine promise he had to depend upon, that he stirred up himself and others to give God the glory. Let the people of God open their cause before Him, and he will enable them to see deliverance.

렘20:7 예레미야의 갈등
렘 20:7 여호와여 주께서 나를 권유하시므로 내가 그 권유를 받았사오며 주께서 나보다 강하사 이기셨으므로 내가 조롱거리가 되니 사람 마다 종일토록 나를 조롱하나이다 
렘 20:8 대저 내가 말할때 마다 외치며 강포와 멸망을 부르짖으오니 여호와의 말씀으로 하여 내가 종일토록 치욕과 모욕거리가 됨이니이 다 
렘 20:9 내가 다시는 여호와를 선포하지 아니하며 그 이름으로 말하지 아니하리라 하면 나의 중심이 불붙는것 같아서 골수에 사 무치니 답답하여 견딜 수 없나이다 
렘 20:10 나는 무리의 비방과 사방의 두려움을 들었나이다 그들이 이르기 고소하라 우리도 고소하리라 하오며 나의 친한 벗도 다 나의 타 락 하기를 기다리며 피차 이르기를 그가 혹시 유혹을 받으리니 우리가 그를 이기어 우리 원수를 갚자 하나이다 
렘 20:11 그러하오나 여호와는 두려운 용사 같으시며 나와 함께하시는고로 나를 박해하는 자가 넘어지고 이기지 못할 것이오며 그들은 지혜롭게 행치 못하므로 큰 수욕을 당하오리니 그 수욕은 영영히 잊 지 못할 것이니이다 
렘 20:12 의인을 시험하사 그 폐부와 심장을 보시는 만군의 여호와여 나의 사정을 주께 아뢰었사온즉 주께서 그들에게 보수하심 을 나로 보 게 하옵소서 
렘 20:13 여호와께 노래하라 너희는 여호와를 찬양하라 가난한 자의 생명을 행악자의 손에서 구원하셨음이니라 

Verses 14-18 When grace has the victory, it is good to be ashamed of our folly, to admire the goodness of God, and be warned to guard our spirits another time. See how strong the temptation was, over which the prophet got the victory by Divine assistance! He is angry that his first breath was not his last. While we remember that these wishes are not recorded for us to utter the like, we may learn good lessons from them. See how much those who think they stand, ought to take heed lest they fall, and to pray daily, Lead us not into temptation. How frail, changeable, and sinful is man! How foolish and unnatural are the thoughts and wishes of our hearts, when we yield to discontent! Let us consider Him who endured the contradiction of sinners against himself, lest we should be at any time weary and faint in our minds under our lesser trials.

렘20:14 예레미야의 탄식

렘 20:14 내 생일이 저주를 받았더면,나의 어미가 나를 생산하던 날이 복이 없었더면, 

렘 20:15 나의 아비에게 소식을 전하여 이르기를 네가 생남하였다 하여 아비를 즐겁게 하던 자가 저주를 받았더면, 

렘 20:16 그 사람은 여호와께서 훼파하시고 후회치 아니하신 성읍 같이 되었더면,그로 아침에는 부르짖는 소리,낮에는 떠드는 소리를 듣게하였더면, 

렘 20:17 이는 그가 나를 태에서 죽이지 아니하셨으며 나의 어미로 내 무덤이 되게 하지 아니하셨으며 그 배로 항상 부르게 하 지 아니하 신 연고로다 

렘 20:18 어찌하여 내가 태에서 나와서 고생과 슬픔을 보며 나의 날을 수욕으로 보내는고 

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV&Quiz, NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 테마별, 읽기(Wayne), 소요리, 대요리 문답, 신앙고백WCF
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약,