Luk1105-08 The Friend at Night1.jpg
The Friend at Night

The Parable of the Friend at Night (or of the Importunate Neighbour), is a well known parable of Jesus. However, it appears in only one of the Canonical gospels of the New Testament. According to the Luke 11:5-8, a friend who is both irreligious and lacking compassion eventually agrees help his neighbor due to his persistent demands.

This important parable demonstrates the need to pray and never give up. It is similar in to the Parable of the Unjust Judge and is depicted by several artists, including William Holman Hunt.

(Luke 11:5-8, JesusParables)

The Adam Clarke Commentary 

Verse 6. Or, perhaps more literally, A friend of mine is come to me out of his way, which renders the case more urgent-a friend of mine, benighted, belated, and who has lost his way, is come unto me. This was a strong reason why he should have prompt relief.

Verse 7. Or, I and my children are in bed; this is Bishop PEARCE'S translation, and seems to some preferable to the common one. See a like form of speech in 1 Corinthians 16:11, and in ; Ephesians 3:18. However, we may conceive that he had his little children, in bed with him; and this heightened the difficulty of yielding to his neighbour's request.

But if he persevere knocking. (At si ille perseveraverit pulsans.) This sentence is added to the beginning of Luke 11:8, by the Armenian, Vulgate, four copies of the Itala, Ambrose, Augustin, and Bede. On these authorities (as I find it in no Greek MS.) I cannot insert it as a part of the original text; but it is necessarily implied; for, as Bishop Pearce justly observes, unless the man in the parable be represented as continuing to solicit his friend, he could not possibly be said to use importunity: once only to ask is not to be importunate.

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 테마별,
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 읽기(Wayne), 소요리, 대요리 문답, 신앙고백WCF

성경연대표 1.창조 2.족장 3.출애굽 4.광야 5.정복 6.사사 7.통일왕국 8.분열왕국 9.포로 10.포로귀환 11.중간 12.예수 13.초대교회 14.세계선교